Monday 23 March 2015

Practical/Visual Response Development work

There isn't a lot in terms of development work, what with the little time I've had to make this, I basically ended up making it the more I went along, if you get me. There are a few details to add, though.



These are the sheets with all the tweets I was gonna quote in the animation. I was originally gonna read out all of them with a distinct voice for each one, but I only had time to record three, unfortunately. This was essentially my script, both to use as reference for each scene while I was sketching them out, as well as to actually voice the characters with (obviously). To be honest, some of these are gold while others I can't really visualise (this is why prefer storyboards over scripts).




These were some of the sketches I made, just to see how the idea will look in my head. As you can tell, that dude with the quiff was meant to be the guy in all the scenes, but it didn't really make sense, since all the notes are from different studios, and I kind of imagined different looks for each producer; perhaps if the design was refined a bit more I could have made that idea make sense. The art was mainly inspired by Chuck Jones and John Kricfalusi's art, since I was only focusing on keyframes, and not actually animating them all (again, time), and that style of exaggeration does a great job at adding character and establishing emotion to still images.

woooooaaahhh foreshortening

I added more negative space on the far right to give the camera room to pan.


This is how they look in the end. I focused a lot more on the composition side of these scenes. I gave the characters room to move around and truly emote within the environment. The backgrounds look like trash, I'm not gonna lie. I wanted them to look extra silly and to shift more focus on the characters. They still don't look good, but they get the job done, at least.

That's everything. It's not much, I know. Hopefully by next year, I'll have more time to plan the next visual response out.

No comments:

Post a Comment